However, home-based businesses do have many risks that need to be considered.
Do Some Pre Planning
- Check with your local zoning to see if home-based businesses are allowed
- If you are planning on having customers visit your home, you may need special permits.
- Product liability
- Professional Liability
- Injury or damage to customers
- Auto accidents
- Cyber breach
- Property loss and damage
- Crime and dishonesty
- Cyber liability
- Web page copyright liability
- Employees or contractor’s issues
The key is to understand what these risks are so you can take the necessary actions to make sure that your business is protected. It’s important to carry the right commercial insurance to protect your business in case of an unforeseen event. Hire a reputable insurance provider to help you assess the potential risks and determine which types of policies meet your business needs.
As an independent insurance agency we are affiliated with multiple industry-leading companies. It is these partnerships that allow us to provide our clients with better coverage at a competitive price. Our staff is knowledgeable and committed to providing a quality customer service experience to our valued clients.